Sunday, July 20, 2008

Peter Chung boards Astro's Movie

Aeon Flux creator Peter Chung was recently interviewed by Animation World Magazine and had this to say about his current and recent projects.

"One of the things that I'm working on now is an adaptation of Cyborg 009, which is a Japanese comic book character and an animation series from the '60s, which I grew up with. Japanese animation is very popular all over the world, so a lot of it is being adapted into animated features."

...

"Yeah, I've written a story and redesigned the characters. It's funny, late last year I worked on the Astro Boy movie -- I did storyboards on that -- and I'm working on an adaptation of Wicked City. With a lot of those projects, I guess I end up getting involved because they were such a big source of inspiration for me. But those are adaptations."
Peter Chung is a world class artist with tons of experience, so it's very cool to see that someone like him is involved with drawing storyboards for this movie. It is obviously unknown at this point if any of the sequences he boarded are still in the film, since there was a change in directors, so we'll see how it plays out.

What's more is pretty much the first real bit of news I've ever read about the long speculated Cyborg 009 movie! Awesome! I love Cyborg 009 and have always thought it would make a great movie. I think I'll be keeping an eye on that one too!

0 comments: