Wednesday, June 17, 2009

CG Astro Movie Promo Video

Hey, It's my birthday! And look what I got for a present. It's a new promotional video for the upcoming Astro Boy animated movie from Imagi. Here we get a brief overview of Astro's history and enduring popularity, a look at the film's cast, some work-in-progress animation, and a short interview with the voice of Dr. Tenma, Nicolas Cage, who explains why Astro is such an important character.



Please keep in mind that this video was likely never meant to be viewed by the general public. In all likelihood this is a promotional video used to drum up interest with potential license partners, or something along those lines. There is some copyrighted music that is, quite obviously, not going to be in the movie. I think I heard some of the score from Mary Shelley's Frankenstein and a little Star Wars too.

The part that says "As Iconic as Mickey Mouse" is missing the following bit of text that should be there. It should say "...but 1 billion times cooler because he shoots lasers out of his fingers." Just thought I'd add that here to make up for this clear omission in the video.

Source: Twitch

EDIT: My YouTube copy of this video got taken down due to copyright claim by Imagi. It may or may not still be viewable here. If not, you can probably still find it elsewhere. Sorry!
I'm not in business to break any copyrights or make anyone mad. But if there's a story that's already out there, then I have to report it.

0 comments: