Tuesday, July 28, 2009

David Bowers Interview from Comic Con

The fallout from last week's San Diego Comic Con continues. Digital City managed to get an interview with Astro Boy movie director David Bowers. Here's a sample of what he had to say.

"I think it's another interpretation of the character, but I think it's pretty faithful to the first one – the original manga, which I read a lot of and drew a lot from for this story. It's a little more updated. I think if you look at it now it's retro cool and a little fun, but at the time it was cutting edge and hardcore science fiction. I've tried to make this film a little more contemporary feeling so it'll feel fresher for new audiences."
Check out "Comic Con: David Bowers Looks Forward to Astro Boy" on Digital City

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

"There's a lot of jokes, but it's not really pop culture humor – it's more jokes from the characters, and I think people will be surprised. It's also very emotional and dark at times, because it deals with a father dealing with his son's death, but at the same time it has a lot of action, adventure and fun characters."

I think that right there was a pretty good summation of Astro Boy by Bowers for people who might be curious about seeing it, but aren't familiar.