Saturday, October 10, 2009

Super Animation BLOCKBUSTER BOOKMARK!

Wow, look at this amazing Astro Boy bookmark that was found on eBay! It is very special and unique, I'm told!

It is a "Custom-Designed, One-of-a-Kind, Hand-Made Item". Wow!

That artwork sure is something special! But it looks kind of like something I've seen before... hmmm. I wonder where it came from... hmmmmmm.



Yeah. I drew that picture. My artwork, originally for the Justice League of Anime, was taken without my knowledge or permission and made into this bookmark so someone else can make money off of it. Naughty naughty! It looks like Ninjatron has hit the big time! Oh yeah!

I never would have guessed when I started this blog, occasionally posting various Astro Boy related Oddities uncovered by myself and other fans, that one of those oddities would be something I made! I was pretty shocked to see this. Anyway, I'm taking care of it, but I figured I'd have my fun here first. Big time thanks to Dragonrider1227 for the heads up!

3 comments:

Robotkat said...

Holy cow, I was just on my way to send you the link to that auction! I'm glad to see you already, at least.

I've seen this sort of thing a lot on eBay. Probably the worst case was Ponyo fan art - taken from deviantArt, for God's sake - being made into mousepads. I think Kim McFarland's "Sailor Moo" picture got made into a shirt, too.

Unknown said...

You know you've made it to the big time when somebody takes the time to rip off your artwork.

A couple years ago I went to the local flea market and was surprised to see Bob DeJesus art printed larger then life on bedsheets.

Ninjatron said...

My thoughts exactly on making the big time. And to think, it wasn't just any artwork that got ripped off, it's artwork of the original anime superstar!

Anyway, the auction was ended after I contacted the "creator" of this bookmark. Got a pretty indignant response too! Apparently I am a "poser" for requesting the removal of the auction since my name is not Osamu Tezuka. Go figure.

Sayonara.