A boy had to be freed by firefighters after getting his arm stuck in his cinema seat.Concerned director David Bowers had this to say on his Twitter page regarding the unfortunate incident.
The seven-year-old, who has not been named, was watching Astro Boy at the Cineworld cinema in Medway Valley Park, on Saturday, when he got his arm wedged in the cup holder attached to his seat.
He was watching the film with his neighbour and their children and got stuck around halfway through the film - but didn't tell anyone about his predicament until the credits started to roll.
A member of cinema staff found some baby oil and greased the boy's arm to try to ease it out, but firefighters had to be called in to cut him free.
A spokesman for Kent Fire and Rescue Service said: "It was an unusual job. While we were talking to him he revealed that he'd got it stuck halfway through the film, but didn't tell anyone as he thought he'd be able to get his arm out by the end of the movie and didn't want to get into any trouble.
"His arm was stuck right in the holder up to his bicep."
"Was it really worth reporting?"It is now, buddy!
I hope the kid liked the movie anyway. Looks to me that he didn't realize it had happened as he was so engrossed in watching the film. Bet he wishes he had an arm cannon like Astro does.
AstroBoyWorld will continue to deliver all the hard hitting news that matters! Thanks to Robert for the tip!