Thursday, July 8, 2010

Tokyo Atom Engrish

Pretty busy with some non-Astro related stuff right now, hence the infrequent posts recently. Things will pick back up later.

As insensitive as it might be, one of my most favorite things in the universe is Engrish; Amusingly sincere mutations of the English language which usually originate from Asian countries. What can I say? I just find it funny. Here is a bizarre piece of Astro Boy related Engrish I just stumbled upon. This "Tokyo Atom" T-shirt may or may not be an official product but is officially awesome in the Engrish department.


ASTRO BOY is a miraculous snncr(?) rober(!) with the worlds! Wow! I though I knew a lot about anime, but that's a new one to me. A provocative message, to be sure.

Source: Alexis Mall.

3 comments:

StrangeWings said...

Lol! This peculiar writing bears resemblance with the subs of the pirated 2003 DVDs. 'Robot' becomes 'Rober', and 'Super' becomes 'Snncr'.
Official or not, I too think it's funny! :-D

Ninjatron said...

Ahh, so that's what it was trying to say! I couldn't figure out what "snncr" is supposed to be, and it was especially hard since one of the letters is covered by Astro's hair. I can sort of see, in an abstract way, how Robot becomes Rober, but snncr? That just ain't right.

Sayonara.

Manetoys said...

We should send this to Engrishfunny on Cheezburger.com